Friday, December 16, 2011

16 Days...

Sixteen days into December.  That means only 9 days til Christmas.  Oh, oh.  I haven't even addressed the Christmas cards yet.  I haven't even begun to look in my notebook to get my list ready for the grocery store.  I still need to plan my baking strategy.  I'm running out of time -- and I don't even have gifts to buy and wrap this year.  I am still trying to work on the ornament for my MIL.  If I can't make some good progress soon, I won't have it finished.


Technical Difficulties

My DD will start student teaching when school resumes in January and she has started submitting applications to area schools.  One application was due today.  She worked diligently to get all the forms completed and was going to scan them so she could submit the whole package electronically.  Thanks to an HP update this morning, the printer/scanner no longer works.

This particular position is DD's dream job, the one she's worked so hard for and it just happens to be at the high school my girls attended.  Getting flustered, she decided to call the superintendent's secretary and ask if she could mail the application.  DD was so cute, but professional as she chatted with the secretary about the application.  I'm continually impressed by my daughter's maturity and competency.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've put the last little bit of detail on the needlepoint stocking a friend asked me to help her with.  She is a brand new stitcher and her daughter asked her to make this stocking for her.  My friend did all of the needlepoint and I only put the backstitch detail in Santa's face because my friend had ripped it out so many times.



She started this all on her own and she was afraid to show it to me because she thinks it looks so bad.  I think the front looks ok for her first project.  The back is another story, though.




I'm off to see if I can get my printer working again.

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.