I'm shocked that it's been so long since I've updated my blog.
We've gone from winter coats...
to short sleeves...
I've have not done any stitching or crocheting, but have made a few cards.
Hubby decided to try self-wicking flower buckets this year. He watched a few youtube tutorials and scavenged through the shed for things he could use. Hubby used some drainage tubing in the bottom of 5 gallon buckets and pvc pipe with cut water bottles as funnels for watering. These are the buckets right after planting on May 15.
The pics below are how the buckets look today. The flowers have filled in so much that the buckets are barely visible.
I have had good, consistent results with Proven Winners Supertunias so I purchased those again this year. I usually stick with the various shades of pink, purple and white Supertunias and decided to try yellow and red Supertunias this year too.
I also added some Superbena Sparkling Amethyst. I love that each little flower has multiple shades of purple...
and Superbena Sparkling Rose with its little flowers of different shades of pink.
So far, we've been very pleased with how the self-wicking buckets are working. We've had some very hot and humid days with very little rain (until this past weekend) and I've only had to fill the buckets every couple of days. I do still use liquid fertilizer in the buckets once a week.
I love it when a perennial reappears after being gone for a few years. This Coreopsis (tickseed) was planted about five years ago, disappeared for a couple of years and reappeared last summer.