Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12/27/11

Antique, Vintage or Old?

Not sure if it's antique, vintage or old, but the gift I received from my MIL qualifies for such a title.  She called it antique.  When she handed the gift to me, it was like I had a spotlight on me and the whole family stopped whatever they were doing to watch me.  She was so excited to give me this gift and it was the last gift handed out. 

My MIL makes every gift she wraps very difficult to open because she ties about 10 ribbons every which way around the package and there are many knots to ensure the ribbon doesn't slide off.  Instead of watching me wrestle with the knotted ribbons, she handed me the little scissors so I could just snip the ribbons.

Finally, I got the tissue paper off and found an Oreo Cookie tin.  My DD said I should look in the tin because it looked old.  Within the tin, I found threads!  Lots and lots of threads.  My MIL said that she thought some of the threads had to be at least 50 years old.

As I was opening each small tissue paper wrapped bunch of threads, my MIL excitedly informed Hubby that one can never have too much STASH!  I loved it!  Hubby looked at his mom with disbelief and said he couldn't believe she had just given me permission to acquire more stash.






















What stitchy gift did you get this year?

Since I'm declaring 2012 the year of the ornament, I do need to make sure I have enough stash to complete all the ornaments, right?  My mom gave me some cash and instructed me to get myself some new clothes for work, but I'm thinking dreaming of more stash instead.

I have so many ornaments I want to stitch, I think I'm going to have to stitch at least one per week for the whole year.  Maybe I should consider prioritizing my list...

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'

1 comment:

  1. What a cool gift. I would've been tickled, too. The only stash gifts I received were from the 12 Days Exchange I participated in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.