Monday, February 18, 2019

February

Good Morning, Dear Friends!

I pray you are all doing well.  It has been a rough couple of months for me.  I didn't think my migraines could get any worse, but they have, and it's crippling.  I have been back to my doctor, had more tests done and no issues found.  Unfortunately, there are still no medications or treatments I can take other than OTC pain meds.



During our frigid polar vortex, this frosty, frozen artwork was on one of my windows.  Our weather has been brutal with many snow and ice storms, several power outages and school has been canceled 10 days since January 12.  We've been lucky to have a few days of warmer weather sporadically mixed in and I can't remember ever having such crazy weather in one season.

SHE'S HOME!   SHE'S HOME!   SHE'S HOME! 

DD made it home from deployment on Sunday, Feb 10.  Unfortunately, we weren't there to greet her.  DD had told us to leave for Texas late Feb 11 or early Feb 12.  Got a call from DD at 4:24 am on Monday, Feb 11 asking if we could pick her up from O'Hare airport in Chicago!  What a wonderful surprise!  DD had asked that we not tell her sister that she was in our area because she wanted to surprise her.  Somehow, we managed to pull off organizing a family dinner without my oldest DD finding out until her sister walked in.  There were lots of hugs and lots of happy tears!  We were so thankful and excited to be together that we didn't even think to take photos, lol.


When DD deployed, we brought her vehicle back to IL and DD's plan was to drive back to TX.  Due to the snow and ice predicted for that night and the next day, DD decided to leave for TX right after dinner.  DD also decided to leave Hollie with us until DD gets settled in.  Since DD's lease ended when she deployed, she had to find housing when she returned and is now busy moving in.


Our family celebrated Christmas at my niece's house.  The triplets were very active and such a joy!



Hard to believe the triplets will be celebrating their first birthday next month.


They all weigh about the same now, all are crawling and one is even walking.


I challenged myself to learn new things this year.  I started off by learning to knit a hat.  Big needles and bulky yarn made the learning process easier (and quicker).


Wanderlust Toque
by Lisa Hofelich
Yarn - Lion Brand Hometown
Color - Dallas Grey
US Size 15 - 10.0 mm Circular Needles

I'm happy with the way it turned out, but I can't say I enjoyed knitting it because it was a struggle for me.  I struggled because I can make the knit and purl stitches, but am not comfortable holding the knitting needles.  Being a crocheter, holding the yarn and knitting needles is so different than holding a crochet hook.  I have tons of bulky yarn and I may make more knitted hats to donate.

Stay Safe!

Until next time,

Happy Stitchin!




 

9 comments:

  1. Pam, I am sorry that you continue to be in migraine prison. You continue to be in my prayers. Glad to hear that your daughter is home from her deployment. Oh my gosh, the triplets are adorable. Hard to believe they will be turning one soon. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraine can be a real pain, I had it for years It was hard to live with ,I had mine in my 50s , and thought it could be my age ,had loads of tests but all were negative , then I tried cutting different foods out and yes it worked , cheese and chocolate were to blame , so I cut them out for 10 years , and now I can eat them again.

    I read in a magazine it can be the foods you love and it was.

    Try writing down what food you eat the day before a migraine if you noticed it happens each time you eat that food , try cutting it out and see if it works , it did for me and hoping it will for you.
    You have a lovely family great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish your Migraines would subside.
    I get them too, it's awful.
    Glad you got a nice visit with DD, and what a great surprise for her sister!
    The Triplets are really growing fast!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if what June told you would work? She told me that a few years ago, but that does not apply to me. I got my migraines from that steroid injection in my neck. Have not been without one since that day. I however can keep them under control pretty well with medicine. Well, much better during the winter months. If I stay out of sun. Any kind of sunshine, even through windows. I thought of something for you. What about acupuncture? I heard you can get it in the ear. It works I am told. I am so glad about your daughter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your headaches but so glad your DD is safely home. We have had a weird winter too. Daffodils blooming in January and the worst snow we have ever seen here in 15 years in February. The daffodils are buried under the snow! Hope spring comes soon and you well better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy family dinner and surprise! Glad she is home and safe. Have you checked into daith? My doc's nurse had it after many Rx did not help her migraines and now has many patients that are almost completely free of the pain. What a beautiful window icing. It's been a really cold and snowy winter hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had a migraine so I have no idea of the pain you are going through, Pam--I'm so sorry and pray that the pain will lessen for you, soon!!

    How wonderful that your daughter is home!! A perfect "late Christmas gift!"

    The triplets are sure getting big. My niece's triplet girls turn 15 next week--can you imagine the cost of sending them to the prom some day?!?

    Take care now, Pam...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to your Blog. I found your Blog through another Blogger. I am a follower of your Blog now. I too have a Blog and it is called lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com I hope that you will be a follower of my Blog as well.

    It is so great that your daughter got to come home and that you all had a family dinner together. I am so happy for you and your family.

    Sorry to hear about your Migraines though. Those are not fun at all. I had one long time ago when I was taking care of my Grandma and I thought my head was going to explode. It was awful. I haven't had one since but I had smaller headaches every day until I had my Major Jaw Surgery and it was my Overbite that was causing me to have my Headaches because my Jaw was completely out of line.

    Your Knitted Hat is so pretty.

    I love all of your family pictures. Those are really nice and something to cherish for the rest of your life.

    My area also had the Polar Vortex as well. Now today we are getting 60 mph winds plus rain/snow mix. UGH! I am so ready for Spring.

    Happy Knitting

    Have A Lovely Day :)

    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you... can't remember a winter season with such crazy weather. I love the window ice art. Very cool!

    Happy that your DD made it home safely and you all had a great reunion. :)

    Wow, it's been a year already since the twins were born? Time goes by so fast. They look like they're thriving, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.