Sunday, December 23, 2018

December

I had all these plans to get everything done and be ahead of the holiday rush, but work and the constant migraine got in the way.  Right after Thanksgiving, a large project came up at work and became the priority above everything else.  Unfortunately, the migraine has not improved and I've had to cut back on everything I usually do for the holidays.

I give a stitched ornament to my family members for Christmas every year.  In November, I finally settled on an alternative finish for the little cross stitch designs designed for the sleds.  I had stitched these little designs a few years ago, but hadn't purchased sleds for all that I had stitched.


I purchased the wood slices at Hobby Lobby and then wood burned Merry Christmas on the front and my initials and the year on the back.


We celebrated Christmas with hubby's side of the family yesterday.  As the kids have gotten older and in their own homes, I have been making ornaments for each one of them as well.  I was happy to hear my nephew tell my mother-in-law how nice his tree looks with all the ornaments I've made for him.



Hazel(nut) celebrated her 2nd birthday on Dec 17.


I received this quilt from my mother-in-law for my birthday.  This quilt belonged to an elderly neighbor whose mother and aunts had made it sometime before 1894.  It is in very good condition and there are only a few spots where the fabric has worn. 


The triplets are 9 months old!  They are settled into their new home and we will be celebrating Christmas there.

We've heard from DD and the tentative plan is for her deployment to end and her to be back in the States in early February.   We're praying that the plan stays the same, but given current events, there is uncertainty.

From our family to yours...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!













8 comments:

  1. Lovely warm post of family , what beautiful Christmas ornaments you have made , just wonderful.
    Hope you are feeling much better and your migraine has gone , I use to get migraine very bad for over 10 years .

    So I know how it can be hard to do the things you love to do but can't .

    Have a wonderful Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pam, first and foremost, I must tell you that I am praying for you and those migraines. As a daily migraine sufferer, I know how horrid it is! Keep researching Pam! Never give up looking for new meds that might work for YOU! The ornaments you created are wonderful!! What a treasure that quilt is! So nice to see a current picture of all the little boys. :) Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post to read this morning, Pam! I am sorry you have been dealing with migraines. I pray for relief for you. I love the ornaments you created with the sled designs and the wood slices. They look fabulous. Thank you for sharing! What a beautiful quilt you were gifted! Wishing you and yours a joy-filled day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea for the ornaments.
    Hazel has really grown!
    The Triplets & big brother are all so cute.
    Prayers that your daughter's plans don't change.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ornaments are just so special. I really hope your daughter makes it home in Feb. and that you had a wonderful Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Pam! I just love the way you finished those ornaments! Very creative and your woodburning skills are amazing. I don't think my handwriting would be quite as beautiful ;-)

    So hope your daughter does come home on time in February--I'm sure you're counting the days. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and I wish you all the best in this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ornament finishes are the cutest thing, ever! (Sorry, I'm late in commenting) What a nice gift the quilt is. Is it really that old?! Amazing. Not long before you can go see DD! Yay :) I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.