Thursday, June 25, 2015

SFS - 06/2015

STITCH FROM STASH ~~ JUNE 2015

Spent:  $0
Earned:  $0
Balance to Carry Over:  $144.22

I'm happy to report that I didn't spend anything again this month!  It was easier not to spend this month because I haven't been able to stitch as much as I would like.  

Although I've met the goals I set for myself during Part 1, I've decided not to participate in Part 2 of the Stitch From Stash.  

I did manage a little stitching this month.  I'm participating in a Patriotic SAL on one of my facebook groups.  A friend sent me a package of her stitching stash because she can no longer stitch.  Among the floss, fabric and charts, I found the CCN July Cottage.

I chose a light blue evenweave fabric from my stash and then chose the floss colors.  I'm using DMC and DMC Variations.



Hubby and I spent a long weekend at our camper.  



It was perfect until Monday evening.  Severe storms moved into the area and 10 confirmed tornadoes came out of that storm cell.  One of the tornadoes hit the campground.  

Tornado damage in various areas of the campground.


We were not hurt and our campsite only suffered minor damage.  Our campsite is on the edge of the tornado's path that destroyed half of the campground.  It is a miracle that there were no fatalities, only 1 serious injury and 5 minor injuries.  

We have much to be thankful for!



13 comments:

  1. Oh Pam so glad you are ok .
    Lovely stitching .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God you were all safe. How scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you weren't hurt during that storm! What a scary time! Your cottage piece looks great. Which DMC Variations did you use?

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so glad your campsite was spared any damage, Pam! These storms around the country are so plentiful this year--what is going on with our weather? Glad to see you were safe!!

    That was so nice of your friend to pass on her stash to you--the little cottage is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You certainly were very lucky. Whew.

    congrats on your excellent SFS control ! Maybe you could host a little seminar for me on it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was close! Glad you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness you are both safe and unhurt! The cottage will be a fun stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Glad you were not hit by the tornadoes. I remember a campground in our state was hit by a tornado last year... that was NOT the norm, and people were killed. The weather can be so strong and deadly. Your July cottage is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A successful SFS month for you. And lucky you that your campground was just on the edge of where the tornado passed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You were very lucky. So glad no one was seriously hurt.

    Congrats on doing so well with SFS, and your Patriotic SAL is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to close of a tornado!! We love to camp also and I don't want any part of camping and tornados in the same sentence. Thank God all are alive. So nice to receive a friends stash, she couldn't of picked a more appropriate person for it to go too: ))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.