Sunday, September 8, 2024

No Change, but Still Thankful!

Hi friends,  

I hope you are all doing well.  

Baby H saw the pediatric cardiologist on Friday.  There have been no changes with the ventricle hole, but the doctor did say the velocity of blood flow is increasing and that is a good thing.  She said Baby H looks really good and healthy.

Baby H gained another 6 ounces and now weighs just under 14 pounds.  He is considered small for being almost five months old, but given his medical issue and the fact that his parents and big brother are also small, the doctor is pleased with his weight gain.  The doctor said she still only wants to monitor him and, unless he has a problem, will see him again in January.

My oldest grandson started afternoon preschool just before Labor Day.  He gets really upset when he has to leave his brother to get on the bus.  He says he likes school, but doesn't want to leave his brother.  I let him pick a picture of his brother to carry in his backpack and talked with him about why he gets so upset.  



Thursday morning, my oldest grandson and I picked tomatoes.  We picked all that you see on the counter.  He was excited to pick so many tomatoes.  My grandson took some home and we shared some with my mom.

I've been stitching in the evenings and have almost all of my ornaments for Christmas gifts stitched.  


I changed a couple floss colors to add some pink to match my daughter's pastel themed tree.  I will FFO these when I have a finishing day.

I need some suggestions for Christmas ornaments for my youngest grandson.  I have stitched Prairie Schooler's Button Up for my oldest grandson.  Any ideas you care to share would be great!



This gorgeous Monarch butterfly visited my garden today.  I enjoyed watching it go from flower to flower.


The hummingbirds have been crazy!  We have the hummingbirds that are here all summer plus the ones passing through on their migration south.  We usually have hummingbirds here until the middle of October and I'm hopeful they'll be here for several more weeks.

Thank you for your continued prayers! They are so appreciated!

Wishing you a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Baby H is gaining weight and looking healthy, Pam. What a wonderful bunch of tomatoes you and your grandson picked! Love the Monarch picture and the Hummer picture. We will have hummingbirds until mid-October when they begin to make their journey to warmer climates. What about stitching from the Prairie Schooler leaflet, Santas and Snowmen (#151) or Snowy Nights (#166) or Evergreen (#202) for Baby H? Have a good week, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for your baby grandson. I am glad the doctor is pleased at this point. I am also glad to see you stitching. :) I am also gift stitching Christmas ornaments. You are blessed with those wonderful monarchs and hummingbirds! I feed the local regulars on my windowsill. The mourning doves are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.