Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Just a Short Post - Asking for Prayers

Hello Dear Friends,

Just a short post today.  I pray that you are all doing well.

My grandson is eight weeks old now.  When he went for his one month doctor appointment, his pediatrician heard a heart murmur and referred Baby H to a pediatric cardiologist.

Last week, Baby H had several tests, an echocardiogram, and saw the pediatric cardiologist.  He has been diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), which is a hole in the ventricular wall separating the ventricles of the lower heart.  The doctor is calling this a genetic heart defect, although no other family member on either side has been diagnosed with this or any other heart defect.

Baby H goes back to the pediatric cardiologist on July 5.  The doctors will determine at that time if the hole has changed.  In some cases, the hole closes on its own and in other cases, surgical intervention is needed to close the hole.


I am respecting my daughter and son-in-law's wishes and not sharing a full photo of Baby H.  

Please keep Baby H and my family in your thoughts and prayers.



7 comments:

  1. I wish "Good Luck" and take the little one in my prayers. Best wishes Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry , Baby H will be in my prayers , bless you all, Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pam, I will certainly keep Baby H and his family in my prayers. I can't believe Baby H is already 8 weeks old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pam. I am so very sorry, I know this is stressful. We are praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enclosing Baby H for complete healing and Parents and Grandparents for hope and courage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how very scary for your family, Pam. I will certainly keep little Baby H in my prayers and pray that the hole closes on its own. My eldest son had surgery when he was just six weeks--just a hernia repair, but I know how scary that is to have a tiny baby undergo an operation. Sending a caring hug ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping this closes. Please keep us updated! July 5 is closer than we think and prayers for good answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.