Wednesday, September 4, 2013

SQUASHED STITCHES

Ever heard of the squashed cross stitch?  Ever stitched it?

I hadn't heard of it or stitched til I started this BAP that's been giving me so much trouble.  If you don't know what a squashed cross stitch is, the pattern describes it as a full cross stitch in half the space. 

That stitch you see with the top leg going the opposite direction is actually the pattern calls a two-half stitch.
In the photo above, I've placed pointers where the squashed stitches are.  The squashed stitch is either a full stitch tall but only half the width of a full stitch or a full stitch wide but only half the height of a full stitch.

That's all the stitchy stuff I have for you today...

We had some storms roll through on Sunday.  There wasn't a drop of rain with them at my house, but just to the east of us there was at least one tornado spotted.  All pics below were taken by different local people and submitted on various websites and news programs.






We had thunder, lightning and wind, but no rain.

DD took this pic of the sky as the storms were developing.  
Awesome and eerie all at the same time!

The Hummingbirds have been very active.
This one sat long enough for me to get a few good photos!



HAPPY SEPTEMBER!



8 comments:

  1. Huh, in all my years of stitching, I have never heard of it called a squashed stitch! Awesome storm photos ~ glad I was not the one taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of them but never tried them.Is it a John Clayton pattern? Great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stitches! I have never done them. Very scary storm pictures. The sky was quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that one picture of the clouds is great! Terrifying too. I've never been in a tornado before. Keep safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard them called "squashed stitches," but I used them in several Valerie Pfeiffer bird charts...

    Lovely photos, but I don't know if I'd be brave enough to live in a part of the country where tornadoes are common! Hopefully, they'll leave you alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never head of a "squashed stitch" -- that's very odd. :)

    I'm terrified of storms and especially tornadoes. That's super scary. I hope they stay far far away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of squashed stitches either.

    Those are some scary photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of one! The things you learn after years of stitching! Lovely storm photos, but scarey too. I've been one street away from a tornado and get nervous when I see those skies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.