Tuesday, April 30, 2019

April

Wow!  I started trying to write this post a couple weeks ago...next thing I know, it's the end of April! 

Have you had crazy weather like we've had here in Illinois?  One day it's sunny and warm, and the next it's a snowstorm.

This was April 14, it snowed for over 12 hours and we ended up with nearly 9 inches of heavy, wet snow.


Hazel and Hollie loved playing in the snow most of the day.


A week later, the tulips were in bloom.  Notice the snow shovel is still on the front porch.  We had more snow last Saturday, but nothing like we had on April 14.

As I'm writing this, it's raining and we're in a flash flood warning.  We've already had almost 5 inches of rain in 2 days and more rain is forecast through the rest of the week.



Dottie Dog turned 14 and enjoyed one of her favorite treats.  Last September, when she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer, I wasn't sure we'd get to celebrate another birthday with Dottie.  We're thankful for each day she's still with us.

I have no stitching to show, but I did do some organizing in my craft room.  I've been trying to come up with some sort of plan for projects I'd like to stitch this year, if I can get the migraine under control.  I have been using the X-Stitch app and entering all my charts and kits so I have an idea of what I have.  I need suggestions for storing my charts and kits.  How do you store your charts and kits?  Do you have them sorted by designer or some other way?

That's all I have for now. 

Until next time,

Happy Stitchin'

   










6 comments:

  1. We are having the same weather here in WI, although we didn't get that much snow the last snowfall.
    Rain here now too, rivers are overflowing.
    I'm wondering if we will even have Spring this year. :(
    The doggies are all so cute, and glad Dottie got to have her favorite treat.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, I love the snow shot from the 14th. We didn't have any of the snow, but we did have severe storms with tornado threats here. I bet Hazel and Hollie had fun playing in the snow. Dottie is looking good.

    I store my charts in hanging file folders by designer in a file cabinet. I tried organizing by theme, but it didn't work for me. The few kits I have are stored in a small baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn does not live too far north of me, so yes, we have the same weather. I try to organize by designer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can hardly believe you were still having snow so late in the year, Pam! Hopefully, that is over for now...

    I store my charts in big binders alphabetically by designer. They are each in a clear plastic sleeve and it seems to work very well. Really don't have more than one or two kits. Good luck with your organization--it is always good to sit back and admire it when you're all finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos of the dogs and the snow but YUCH! I am just finished with winter. It is cool but no snow here. It seems that Dottie and I share a love of Peeps. I am so glad she was able to enjoy her treat. I have a filing cabinet, If I have lots of charts by a designer than that is how they are stored. However the rest are by topic. So I guess it is a bit of a mish mash !

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was one crazy snowstorm we had. I love the photo of the flag surrounds by all white. It's gorgeous! We've had rain for seven days straight, then over the weekend it was nice, now rain again this week. Ugh. Happy Belated Birthday to Dottie dog. I'm sure she enjoyed her treat. I'm not a big fan of peeps... she can have them all, LOL. My charts are organized willy nilly. I put a bunch in the app and then filed them in a filing cabinet by subject and some by designer. I have a long ways to go before it's manageable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.