Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Amazed

I am amazed that in a short time a little bud on a branch will develop into a big, dinner plate sized leaf.

I am also amazed that a little bud on a branch and all the other little buds on branches are responsible for making my eyes burn, itch and water, my sinuses and ears plugged and my head hurt from all the pressure.  Yep, it's allergy season and here in North Central Illinois, the prediction is that this will be the worst allergy season that anyone can remember.  Yippee!

A Sad Anniversary

This Sunday will be a whole year since my Dad died.  I miss him so much every day and it seems when I'm driving I always hear a song that makes me think of him.  So often when the song that makes me think of him is playing, I see his old semi truck driving down the road.  It's unusual to see his old truck because his company is not from this area.  I'm taking that as a message from my Dad, letting me know that he's watching over us.

I was helping my mom go through some of Dad's things last week and we came across some pictures.  My Dad had these pics, along with ones of him with each grandchild when they were born, all together in his drawer with his wallet and hankies.  My sisters and I got married within months of each other in 1989 and surely kept my Dad busy.

My older sister, Tammy -- January 7, 1989

My younger sister, Kris -- March 4, 1989

Me  -- May 27, 1989
 
No, this next one isn't a sister -- but just to be fair, it's my brother on his wedding day and this picture was also in Dad's drawer.
My older brother, Ken -- August 28, 1993
My Dad had 4 kids, 7 grandkids and 4 great-grandkids, but never had a picture of all us together.

More Surgery for Mom

My mom got up from her chair after lunch the other day and noticed she had a pain in her back.  This pain didn't go away or get better so we went to the doctor the next day.  After all the tests and x-rays were done, it turns out she has a compression fraction of the thoracic spine.  We saw the orthopedic doctor today and he wants to do surgery to stabilize the fracture.  My mom had major spinal surgery last June and again in July and is in no way ready to have additional surgery.  She also fell last summer and fractured her left wrist, which has now caused carpel tunnel syndrome and the same doctor wants to do surgery to relieve the CTS after her she recovers from the back surgery.  No dates set for either surgery yet.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Those are great photos of your Dad and each of the kids. Sorry to hear your Mom needs more surgeries. Yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very touching to me since I just lost my Dad on the 7th of this month. I know it's going to be hard and we just have to think about all the good memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.