Friday, November 1, 2019

October

Hello!

My neighbor's tree was the most brilliant orange this year.  

How is that October started with temps in the 90's and ended with 9+ inches of snow and temps that dropped to 20F Halloween night?  What crazy weather we've had and it sure feels like winter is here.

Tiny snowman built by the little girl next door this morning before the snow started melting.


I haven't done any cross stitching, but I have been counting stitches and squares. 


These are C2C graphgan crochet squares for the baby blanket I'm making for our grandbaby.  I still have to stitch them together and put a border on.  I'm hoping to get it done for the baby shower.

DD #1 and her hubby celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary in September.  My Super-Son-In-Law did the sweetest, most romantic thing for his gift to DD.  He got permission from the new owners of my sister-in-law's farm (where DD and SIL where married) and arranged to have a photographer take photos there.


Many of the photos were taken in the same places on the farm as their wedding photos and they even included Skye, just as she was included in their wedding.





DD #2, the Army Officer, has been busy training with her unit as they prepare to deploy again.  She is not deploying with her unit as she will go into an officer's training program instead.  I haven't seen her since February and I hope it works out that she'll get to come home for Christmas.



Because she was deployed last Christmas, DD #2 already has her tree up!


On October 22, I took my mom to the orthopedic for her final appointment for the wrist fracture from her fall in May.  Mom tripped and fell on a ripple in the carpeting in the hallway outside of the doctor's office.  This time she fractured her right leg and tore open her left knee. 

It feels like a recurring nightmare. 

Her knee required over 20 stitches and she has to wear a knee immobilizing leg brace until the stitches come out.  The doctor thinks the stitches will come out in a couple more weeks.  Mom also has a walking boot on her right leg.  She was hospitalized for several days and is now home with home health care coming a couple times a week and me the rest of the time.  Mom has been sleeping in her electric recliner since she got home because she can't get in and out of bed with the leg brace and walking boot.  It's bad enough to be recovering from another fall, but add a grouchy attitude because of sleeping in a recliner and it makes for difficult days for those of us taking care of mom.

Until next time,

Take care, my friends!




7 comments:

  1. We got clobbered with snow here too Pam. Such fun. NOT. Way too early for this. I love that baby blanket you are creating for your precious grandbaby! I am just sick about your Mom. It seems unreal that this has happened to her. I am so sorry for both of you for this long, long journey of recovery once again. I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I love snow, it is just a tad bit too early for in it. Now that being said, I enjoyed seeing your snow picture. I love the little critters you have crocheted for the baby blanket. Pam, I am so sorry about your Mom's latest fall and injuries. Praying for a full healing along with praying for the grouchies to be less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be bitching about the rug outside the doctor's office. What bad luck. I do hope your Mom gets better soon. I know what it is like to sleep in a recliner,did that when I had my knee replaces years back and it is uncomfortable and you have a hard time getting in and out of the chair when you need to go to the bathroom. I do hope she can get back into her bed some how and feel more comfortable and have a better nights sleep. That will help her to recover sooner. Big big hugs to you both. I am praying your Mom has no more falls. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree , yes our weather is mad but no snow yet .
    Love the baby blanket.
    Lovely photos
    Sorry to read about your mother , my dad use to fall allot bless him , he passed a few years ago .
    But it was always a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baby blanket is adorable! Never saw one like this. But that snow photo gave me a headache.

    I'm so sorry your mom has to go through another break. Hope things will be easier when the stitches are removed, good thing she is in a walking boot instead of crutches. I had a boot and was so clumsy I had a hard time walking without tripping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no---I'm so sorry to read about your mom, Pam! That does sound like a nightmare. My MIL falls a lot, too, but seems to have tough bones as, so far nothing has broken. Just lots of bruises and cuts. I know it is so wearing taking care of our older parents especially if they are grumpy. Sending you a hug!

    Love the sweet photo shoot and the baby blanket. I'm sure you're counting the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Fall has gone, we have snow here in WI also.
    Everyone keeps saying.............there will still be some warm days.
    But, I don't think so with all of the snow already.
    Your C2C Blanket will be so cute.
    Happy anniversary to your daughter.
    I hope D#2 can come home for Christmas.
    Hope your Mom heals soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.