Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Spring!

It happens every year.  We have spring-like weather early and then when spring officially arrives, it's gray, chilly, damp and rainy -- or in some cases, snowy.


Hazel experienced her first snow when we had a 6 inch snowfall on March 13.  She had fun trying to find the grass and she loved running around in the snow.


Hazel is now 15 weeks old and we're working on manners and housetraining.  I love watching her figure things out and the way she tilts her head from side to side when she's listening.


Haven't been doing much stitching, crocheting or crafting, although I have started another project.


I saw this design from With Thy Needle and HAD to order it.  I've selected my fabric and threads and put in about a dozen stitches.  Hazel doesn't understand that she can't play with my fabric, thread, pattern, scissors or needle, so I haven't been able to sit and stitch unless she's napping.  I can tell you one thing, she doesn't nap much or long at all, lol.

Hubby has been really sick with a severe respiratory infection.  When he's sick, the whole household comes screeching to a complete stop.  Hubby was so sick that he actually asked me to take him to the doctor.  He has returned to work, but he's still not feeling well.  He barely makes it through dinner and then goes to bed.  In our 28 years of marriage, I have never seen him this sick and it worries me.


I was given a little 2 inch pot of mini Daffodils last spring and planted them in my garden last summer.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that they came up and bloomed last week.

Until next time,
Have a great week!





9 comments:

  1. Hazel is so very, very cute! At least you do know this stage with her will not last forever! ;) I hope your husband gets well soon. I had a sinus infection and bronchitis and coughed for 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable pup. Ours were full of puppy mischief for two years. Sorry about your hubby. That condition has taken its toll on so many this season. Long recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep an eye on your DH. I had a respiratory infection like that one winter and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia!! Hazel is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel is such a cutie. Glad she enjoyed the snow! I hope your husband is feeling better each and every day. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope your husband feels better very soon, Pam--that sounds serious if he's asking for the doctor. Hazel looks like so much fun--and she looks very intelligent, too :) Hope she learns to let you stitch at times other than when she naps!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel is so cute.
    I hope your DH gets better soon.
    The Daffodils are so pretty, I hope they survive the weird Midwest "Spring" weather.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a bad wind/rain storm Friday. Lost power 5:30am and did not get it back until 1:30am. Ah spring - it is challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ort basket. That dog sure is adorable!! I hope your husband is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully, your hubs is feeling better by now? How's your ort basket coming along? Wow! That's a lot of snow... looks like winter came back for a visit, eh? Hazel is a cutie. I'm glad your other pup has another playmate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.