Thursday, July 14, 2016

It's Been A While

Hi Everyone!

I can't believe it's already the middle of July!

I'm still wearing the brace and doing therapy on my arm and wrist.  Regaining my strength and mobility has progressed much slower than I'd like.

I've only been able to hold a needle for short periods.  I started an ornament, but since I am only able to do a few stitches at a time, I haven't worked on it much.

I've also tried to crochet a little.  It's easier to hold a crochet hook than it is to hold a needle, but still not something I'm able to do for very long.

COMMISSIONING & GRADUATION

DePaul University ROTC Commissioning Ceremony 

First Salute with Uncle John 

Graduation Ceremony 

The Commissioning Ceremony was the first time I've seen my daughter in her dress uniform.  
It was another one of those "mom moments" that brought me to tears.

A new Army Officer and her new-to-her truck
(notice how big Hollie is and she was only 5 months old when this pic was taken) 





Hollie loves her pool and getting wet!

We were vacationing last week.  Lots of deer came to eat the mulberries from the neighbor's tree.  
The first few times the deer came, Hollie only barked at them.
The deer are amazingly silent and tame.  
We wouldn't realize they were nearby until Hollie would bark.
Dottie Dog didn't bark at the deer, but watched them intently.

Curious Critters! 

This deer is as curious about Hollie as she is about it.  
They would get within feet of each other, back away, come back together, 
back away and then get close to each other again.  

Not much else to share with you -- kind of hard to believe considering how busy we've been.

Whatever season you're in right now, I hope it's going well for you.

STAY SAFE!

   


9 comments:

  1. Congrats - looks like a good time. hollie is cute - I bet it's fun to watch her and the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of Hollie, Dottie Dog, and the deer! Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your lovely daughter. I can totally understand the "mom" moment! Sorry to hear how long your arm and wrist are taking. I'm still dealing with back issues and it's been 8 months since surgery. Sometimes I think I will never be quite the same as before that horrid fall. I do wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your daughter, she looks so smart , love all your photos , thanks for sharing.
    Hope you heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your arm/wrist get better soon.
    Great pics of your daughter's graduation.
    Congrats to her.
    Hollie is so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I go for walks on the path by the clinic, there are at least 1/2 dozen deer that come out at dusk. Like the ones you saw, they don't seem to be bothered much by humans. Kudos to your daughter. Hollie is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Hope your arm gets to healing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful for your daughter, Pam--you must be so very proud :)

    We have a lot (too many!) of deer, too, and they are so used to us they don't even run when we walk out into the yard...

    Hang in there with your arm--it has to heal one of these days :) I'm sure you are really missing your stitching...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.