Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Taste of Spring!

After what seems like forever, we've finally had a little taste of spring!

In "normal" years, we would have had at least a day or two of above normal temps and warm sunshine.

You know, enough of a tease just to let us know that spring is coming -- eventually, lol.

Amongst the brown, dormant grass,
small green tufts are sprouting. 

The green tufts are tiny bulbs that produce little
blue flowers every spring.

In the more protected areas, the little blue flowers are already in bloom.

 

 My MIL planted all of these and I have no
idea what they are called.

It appears there are several varieties.


Even though we clean the yard and get everything
ready for our long winters,
the strong winds out of the northwest 
always blow in leaves and trash.
Hubby decided to clean out the small flower bed at the 
edge of the front porch. 
It's hard to tell in this pic, but those piles 
are 2 feet and 3 feet deep.

One of my favorite things is seeing what treasures are
hiding underneath the leaves.

This Coral Bell is nice and green.

 The Bearded Iris are showing new growth.

Columbine are appearing too.

Out around the Maple trees...
the Tulips are breaking through.

Every year it seems they get further and further
away from the trees and out into the yard.





Meanwhile, Dottie Dog watches from the dirty window.
Aww, doesn't she look so sad?
(Those smudges are from Dottie's wet nose)

 
Everywhere I go, the black and white one follows me.  



On laundry day, she follows me to the laundry room and jumps around begging for a "cookie".


She follows me upstairs to my sewing/craft room, finds the only bare spot on the floor to get comfy, falls asleep --
and snores louder than Hubby! lol

Wishing you the joy of a Spring Day 
and the comforts of Home!

7 comments:

  1. Loved the trip around your yard! We have some of those blue flowers too, but I can't remember what they're called. If I remember, I'll let you know.

    What a sweet dog! Dottie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for spring!! Our pups have some things in common ~ love treats, smudged windows, naps, and snoring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing those sure signs of Spring! What a cute buddy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is coming Pam! Your blue bulbs are scillia also called Siberian Squill - very pretty. What a good helper dog you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see life springing up, Pam! I haven't been out for a walk yet as it is still so cold, but, hopefully this weekend I can go see if we have similar things popping up in our yard :) Dottie looks like a wonderful companion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! I still have 2 feet of snow on the ground...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad spring is on its way to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.