Monday, March 4, 2013

Best Intentions

I had every intention of posting last week, but a severe migraine intervened.  It's better now, but still not gone.  I'm being very careful about what I do so I don't get it kicked up again.

DD came home for the weekend and we were able to spend some very enjoyable time together.  Her photography is starting to take off and she has 4 weddings booked between now and the end of May.  She also has some baby, senior, engagement and maternity sessions booked.  Last fall she had a maternity session with a client who has now called DD back to take newborn, 3 month and 6 month photos of the baby. 

Have you noticed that my pics are looking a little better recently?  My daughter helped me pick out a new camera and when a really good sale price was found, I couldn't pass it up.

The new camera we chose is a Canon Powershot SX 40 HS.  It has way more features than I know what to do with, but so far I've been happy with it.  It has a 35X optical zoom that I love.


I managed a couple small finishes before the migraine got so bad.

"Love"
Bride's Tree Ornament Series
Design by
Brooke's Book Publishing
  

 February
28 ct White Lugana
Vintage threads from my MIL
  
 
Cardinal Couple
 We've enjoyed watching these two.



  They are never too far away from each other.


I finally captured a couple pics of the elusive Bluejay visiting my backyard.



Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. yes you pictures look beautiful, love the pictures of the birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are gorgeous! Enjoy the camera :) I hate migraines and hope yours goes away very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *did* notice your photos were better :) Congrats on your new toy. Congrats on your finishes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your daughter is doing great with her photography and camera looks like a very good one.

    Your stitching is beautiful. Love the birds in your yard, I think it is too early for us to have the birds.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have managed some stitching despite your nasty migraine. Pam your camera is awesome - super super pictures of the cardinals and jay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are all better soon. Your bird photos are beautiful. Congrats to your DD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute stitching! I have enjoyed seeing all your nature photos and it really does make a difference what camera you are using.....all mine (or most) are my cell phone. It's just so easy to upload instead of adding to the computer and then uploading. But you can certainly tell the difference! Hope your snow is melting like ours is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE YOUR BIRD PHOTOS! I also like taking bird pictures but they are no where near as wonderful as yours are. I also really like how you display your cross stitch finishs, I can tell you like scrapbook graphics. Love your blog! Angie over at: http://loviedewstitchery.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.