Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thunder and Lightening and Lots of Rain - December 15

December weather in Illinois is usually wintery.  This year, however, it's been mild, and I'm not complaining!  It started raining Tuesday night and it rained all day and most of the night on Wednesday also.  I had taken my rain gauge in for the winter, but since the weather was so mild, I stuck it back outside Tuesday afternoon. 

This morning when I got up there was 2.5 inches in that rain gauge.  The weatherman said if this were snow, we would have had over 20 inches!  I'm glad it wasn't the white stuff.  I'll take a couple of inches of snow for Christmas, but then come January, it can disappear.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The last exchange has been received!  Something happened to my memory card because I only have a pic of the ornie and not the other items I sent.  I know I took photos of everything, but they aren't to be found.  I sent the ornament, some Christmas ribbons and cording, needles in 3 sizes and some handmade Christmas cards.



This was sent to Julie M. in Canada.  It sure takes things a long time to get from Illinois to Canada.  I think this took at least 4 weeks to find it's way to Julie.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've found a few minutes to put some stitches in the ornament I'm making for my MIL, but I think I'm going to run out of time to actually complete it.  I'm at a point where I have to decide whether I should stop working on this one and start one that I know I can get finished in time. 

Oh, I just don't know what to do...  Anyone have any suggestions?

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'


1 comment:

  1. We had rain here, too. Like you, I'm not complaining. This time last year, we had about 10" of snow on the ground! We didn't get the 2" of rain forecasters were calling for, though.

    Good luck with your MIL's ornie. (You can do it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.