Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday, Dec. 18

Only 7 more days til Christmas!  When I was a kid, I'd be so excited and anxious for Christmas morning.  Christmas Eve was busy and the day ended with the candlelight service at church.  Us kids would delay going to bed, but there would be a tapping on the window.  Mom always said it was Santa's elves making sure all the kids were in bed before Santa arrived.  I wouldn't sleep much that night and I would be so anxious that I made myself sick.  We'd be up and running around the house no later than 5 am.  Mom would tell us to go back to bed, but we just couldn't.  Of course, it was agony waiting for mom to get up and then she had to drive across town to get Grandma & Grandpa.  The day started with gifts and ended with a wonderful meal together.  Even then, family time was so important to me.  I especially liked having Grandma & Grandpa share the day with us.

Today, I find myself really missing my dad.  A sadness has filled my whole being today and I feel as if I'm on the verge of tears at any moment.  I've pushed myself to get through the day, but I sure have a heaviness I'm carrying around (and it's not from eating too many treats, lol).

Hubby helped me make 5 pounds of toffee today.  I'm so thankful to have him in my life and really glad that he knows his way around the kitchen! 



I also worked a little on the ornament for my MIL.  I didn't make much progress, but here's a pic of part of it.



I hope your days are filled with happiness as you prepare for this holiday season.

Until next time,
Happy Stitchin'

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure the heaviness wasn't from treats? ;-) Nice start on the ornie for your MIL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.