Sunday, December 4, 2011

Second December Post




So here it is, my second December post.  The past couple of days have been quite mild considering for the past several years our weather has been cold, windy, icy and snowy from right after Thanksgiving through February.  Since Thanksgiving this year, we've had sun, milder temps, even into the 50's and our preciptation has been in the form of rain.  We have had several inches of rain since Thanksgiving, but at least it's not snow -- yet.

My oldest sister says it's not right Christmas shopping in sunny, mild weather.  Plus, she wants snow, and lots of it, because her hubby plows snow for his business.

I do have to admit, however, that snow in December up through New Year's Day does make it feel like the holiday season.  Once January is under way, the snow can disappear as far as I'm concerned.

Now, you will find this very ironic...  I am a person who dislikes snow most of the time, but I absolutely have a thing for snowmen!  I have been collecting snowmen everything for quite a few years now and my collection continues to grow.  I have snowmen decorations, snowmen dishes, snowmen towels, a snowmen rug, snowmen tree skirt, snowmen ornaments and the list goes on.  But perhaps my favorite is my pink snowmen flannel sheets!  I must admit, Hubby indulges my love for snowmen and the color pink together for only a few nights between Thanksgiving and New Year's, but snuggling into the sheets just brings a smile to my face.   I guess a guy can only handle so much, lol.

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'
 

1 comment:

  1. You know what? As I put out my Christmas decorations this year, I noticed I have an abundance of snowmen, too! Because I have to clean my driveway, I don't like snow that much either. Now, if I didn't have to go out in it I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.