Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Is it really December 21?

(I'm totally not in a working mood and taking it easy at work today, but don't tell my boss!)

It's finally the middle of the week!  WooHoo!  The kids and teachers go home today and the mood is festive.  All the little grade schoolers will be having their parties, the middle schoolers are dramatic, but cheerful and the high schoolers just can't wait to get outta here! 

I work in a unique school district.  We are a very small K-12 district, with the administrative offices in the school building and the school building houses all grade levels.  One of the things I love the most about my job is the interaction with the students.  I fill in for the school secretary and help her with the morning rush which means I interact directly with the students.  My office has windows that face two hallways and I get to see the littlest students as well as the biggest students as they pass by.   

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

My dog is just a kid!
 
This morning, while I was getting ready for work, Dottie was playing with her toys in the living room.  She likes to play with 3 or 4 all at the same time.  She has squeeky toys, balls, stuffed toys and rag toys.  She likes to throw the toys in the air, hold them in her mouth and shake her head, toss them and run to catch them and run around the living room like a crazy animal with her toys. 

Not an unusual activity for Dottie in the morning, but this morning it got suddenly quiet.  Then I heard her crying.  I peeked around the corner to see what was going on.  Dottie saw me, continued crying and came running to me. 

I admit it, I talk to my dogs! 

I asked her what was wrong and she cried some more and ran to the window.  She stood there crying some more and then ran back to me. 

I walked over to the window, and this is what I saw:


Dottie's favorite toy, the "mailman" landed where it shouldn't have!

Seems someone was throwing her toys around again and one went where it shouldn't have!


Today, I hope you experience joy!

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is just too cute. I have 5 fur baby canines. They love their toys. Some are "kill toys" that they shred, and then others are their babies. My cashew likes the stuffed bears for her babies and will carry them around and cuddle them but never get rough with them. Don't worry, we talk to our fur babies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... too funny about the dog crying about the mailman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.