Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

My Ambitious Second Project

I was quite ambitious and one day I found a HUGE design that I fell in love with.  I mean it really was HUGE; it required tons of fabric and so much floss that it filled a shopping basket (it doesn't seem so big now that I'm more experienced).  Some colors required 4 skeins, while others required 2 or 3 skeins.  I chose this particular design because it reminded me of when I would visit Grandma & Grandpa and we would walk to the store.  The whole side of the building was a painted Coca-Cola ad. 



After I had purchased all of the floss, the fabric and the chart, it all sat in a shopping bag and to this day, I haven't started it!  That was so many years ago.  The store I purchased all the materials for that project was a department store that is still around today, but you won't find any craft or hobby items there.









I don't know why I never started that piece and when I came across the booklet recently, I was still drawn to the design.  Maybe I'll consider starting it this year... or maybe not.

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'







2 comments:

  1. Oh you should totally start this today!! It's Christmas Eve, relax and enjoy the piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ the "maybe not..." At least you still like it after all these years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.