Wednesday, December 28, 2011

28 Days into December ~ ~

Went searching through my craft room the other day. 

Do you have a box or container that holds items from when you first started stitching, projects that you started and for whatever reason, never finished?

I found several items in my box from the earlier days.  All of these items were started years after I had begun stitching, but I never finished them.



Another large piece - about 10 x 18

This was not stored in the hoop and the hoop outline is just wrinkles in the fabric, not stains.

This one is actually going to be 11 x 20


What should happen to these pieces?  It never felt right to toss these unfinished projects, but what's the likelihood that they will ever be finished?  I have lots more in a box marked "To Finish".





My nephew had a sheet set with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and he wanted a pillow to match.  I used the sheets to design the turtles.  I don't know why this never got finished - either my nephew quit liking the turtles or I was stitching too slow.  Since he's now 30 years old, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me to finish this now!

What have you done with the unfinished projects hidden in your box or container?

Until next time...
Happy Stitchin'

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would finish the pillow case and give it to him next Christmas as a gag gift. It would bring good laughs and good memories of that Christmas. When I was a kid, we had gotten a game called Kaboom. When we no longer had the game (I think it broke) my mother used the box to wrap my Grandmothers present in it. She thought she was getting the Kaboom game. So next Christmas, it came back to one of us and the next year it went back to her. This went on for probably 10 years or so. It gave a good laugh every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about passing them onto someone who would want to finish them? I don't have any old projects stored in a box "to finish". My oldest UFO's are JG and Lorri Birminghanm's Simply Elegant Scissor Case.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time with me and visiting my blog. I love hearing from you and your comments are most appreciated! If you are set as "no reply", I won't be able to reply to your comments.